The Blue Springs Historic Society is dedicated to
Our function is to
Conduct research about the history of our community and its members
Our purpose is to bring together people interested in the history of Blue Springs and eastern Jackson County.
Dillingham- Lewis House Museum
A seven-room home that was built in 1906 by Morgan Vachel Dillingham. From 1928 - 1947, Miss Narra Lewis resided in the home. In 1976, the home was purchased by Blue Springs Historical Society, Inc. and today is open for tours from March - December on Sunday afternoons from 1:00Pm - 4:00PM.
Chicago & Alton Hotel
Built in 1878 by J.K. Parr and is the oldest business building in Blue Springs. Has received a Victorian facelift based on its original paint colors. It's currently in need of renovation and is unavailable for tours.
Chicago & Alton Train Depot
The original depot was constructed in 1879 and burned down in the early 1920's. The city asked the Chicago & Alton Railroad to rebuild the station. The reasons were several, specifically that the city back then was still an important transportation center for industry, travelers, and livestock. This is an important piece of history because it's the last one-story, wood and stucco Chicago and Alton train depot still standing in the state. It's currently not open for tours and will open in the fall of 2018.
Dillingham-Lewis House Museum
101 SW 15th Street
Blue Springs, MO
We are an all volunteer non-profit 501c3 organization formed in 1976. Financial support for the Society is through monetary and in kind donations, grants, fundraising activities and membership dues.